Saturday, October 18, 2014

Jackson

This morning I opened the back door and sat on the step. Jackson heard me and came wandering close. He was whimpering and crouching to the ground, trying to army crawl closer to me. I tried talking to him to encourage him, but he still just wasn't ready. We went inside and I got him a few treats. He sat closeby again as I sat on the couch. After a couple minutes, I laid on my stomach on the floor and hid my face. That gave him courage to come check me out. To my surprise, after a few sniffs, he squirmed his way under my arm and nuzzled his face next to mine! I sure wasn't expecting that! From that point on, that little boy was attached to me. He kept giving me hugs and snuggling up as close as possible. That made me happy. After a little bit I got his leash on him and we went for a little walk around the neighborhood. He enjoyed that too! When we got back home, I sat at the table to see if he'd eat his dinner for me. Sure enough, he nearly ate every last kibble. After he was done, we went out and I tossed his ball for him. He was in a playful mood then! He kept squatting down, daring me to try and take it. Haha. We had fun this morning! This evening I opened the door and sat down again. Jackson gave me a little whimper and snuggled himself immediately in my lap. There was a lot of loud commotion going on out front with some kids playing, so I decided to hold off on any walks for this evening. We went inside instead and I got his dinner for him. He ate very well again for me tonight. We sat in the living room for awhile and he snuggled as close as he could, sometimes laying back so he could get some belly rubs. He's so sweet! I got plenty of hugs again. We went outside to play ball for a bit tonight too. He had fun zooming around the yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment