Friday, October 17, 2014

Jackson

This evening Jackson was right at the door, ready to come inside... until he saw who was opening it! Haha. He backed up and kept his distance. I went and sat at the edge of the patio and talked to him for a bit. He would come closer to try and sniff at me, but not too close of course! I saw the treats on the counter, so I grabbed some of those and tossed them to him. I wasn't even there for 5 minutes, and he took one from my hand! Then, a couple more. That made me happy. I kept talking to him and tried to get him to come closer. I could tell he was torn about it! He really wanted to, but he was being cautious. His little tail would wag and he'd start coming, but then he would back out. We went inside to see if he would want to eat his dinner for me. I brought his leash inside to see if he would come closer for that. Again, he got very excited, but wasn't quite ready yet. I never try to push, because I like to let them warm up on their own terms. I sat on one end of the couch and he came between the couch and ottomans, and let me pet him! I was a little surprised at that. Then, he sat in the corner of the couch on the floor and just watched me a bit. Later, he went to get a drink and came and sat under the end table next to me. I reached my hand down and he nuzzled his nose under my hand to pet him for awhile. So cute! I think he felt safer if I wasn't watching him. He let me pet him one other time as well, but then he would go back to being a little shy. We played a game with his food and he would eat some kibbles for me. I left his bowl outside with him, in case he wanted to eat later. I let him back outside before I left and made sure hew had plenty of water for the night. He did so well today! I think for sure by tomorrow, he will be ready to be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment