Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mindy Lou & Chupie

This morning I got in and started getting things ready for our walk. I hadn't seen Mindy in the living room, so I walked into the bedroom to find her. I talked quietly to try and wake her without startling her. Once I saw she was waking up, I walked over to her. She was acting a little shy, so I sat down by her and gently pet her for a bit. Eventually, she got up and followed me to the door. We started on our way. As I was headed to the driveway, I noticed she had stopped. I kept going to see if she would follow, but she didn't. I went back towards her, then she gave me a tail wag and started trotting over to me. "Ok, I'm ready now!" It was a little cooler out this morning for our walk, but not much! It's going to be pretty toasty out this afternoon. When we got back from our walk, Mindy went back to her room. This evening Mindy was headed to the living room from the kitchen when I got there. I got her things, then we headed outside. This time she trotted along ahead of me with no worries. We didn't quite do all of her course, but just about. We stopped in the shady area and she sniffed around awhile. It was just so hot out today between the over 100 temps and humidity. I didn't want to push it. As we walked inside, I saw Chupie sitting behind the couch in the corner, curiously watching me. I got the girls a big bowl of fresh cool water. Mindy wandered into the kitchen with me, so I pet her for a bit. I noticed she had eaten some food for me after I left this morning. That made me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment