Sunday, June 30, 2013

Shelby, Baby & the kitties

This morning I let Shelby do her thing outside while I tended to the pet stuff. Coco came in as Shelby was going out. She kept meowing and talking to me. I cleaned out the litter box and refilled their water tank. When I came out, Shim and Bitty were both sitting in the living room watching me. It was kind of funny! I checked on Baby next and made sure he had enough food and water. He was busy doing his thing... haha! Bitty came outside with me when I went to visit with Shelby. A bird came and landed on the fence. That had Bitty's full attention! He squatted down and watched it's every move. Shelby had wandered over and found a good spot to relax in the grass. She would come by me for some pets, then go lay down again. Miss Shelby wandered up to say hi when I got there tonight. It was so nice out this evening, so she got to go spend the whole time outside. Bitty couldn't make up his mind if he wanted to go in or out. He came in when I let Shelby outside. Then, when I went out I could hear him meowing. I opened the door and he just stood there and looked out the door. Little stinker! So, I closed it and he started meowing again. This time, he finally cam out with us! Shelby had fun talking as she rolled around on her back in the grass. She was the bird hunter tonight. A Blue Jay landed on the fence, so she walked slowly over to it until it flew away. Then, Shelby was looking at something in the grass and jumping back, so I went to see what it was. It was a bat!! I got her away from it right away. I tried to flip it back over (it was laying on its back) so maybe it could get away. But it just sat there and hissed and made its clicky sounds. I got Shelby and Bitty back inside the house so no one could mess with it. Hopefully it'll be gone by morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment