Monday, June 10, 2013

Rusty, Ruby & the gang

This morning I let Ruby out and we headed outside. I filled the gatorade bucket right away. Chloe, Justin and Heyday were all laying in the grass and relaxing. Next, I cleaned out the turtles' dishes and got them some fresh food and water. At this point I realized Rusty hadn't said hi to me yet. I looked all over for him outside and in the house and started to get worried. Luckily, I found him hiding under the bed!  Ruby gave his hideout away. When I walked in the room she kept sticking her nose under the bed and would do a little dance! He must not have been ready to get up for the morning. Eventually he came out and we all went outside. I got to throw the ball a couple times for him. The last time he kept it and laid out in the yard. Ruby sat with me and got her back scratched. This afternoon I let miss Ruby out and we all went outside. Rusty and Ruby sat and sunned themselves for a long time. The other three outside were roaming around. It looked like they had already taken a dip to cool off. I let Ruby stay out again for the afternoon. This evening Ruby peeked out at me through the front window as I walked up. Both pups met me at the door and were doing the happy heiny dance! We headed outside and I fed Chloe, Justin and Heyday. They came running to eat as usual. Justin decided to take a cool dip after he finished. I fed Rusty and Ruby, and while they ate I checked the house for any accidents. Nope! Ruby was a good girl again. While I was checking, I saw Salem sitting on the bed in the turtle room again. She was watching me curiously, so I stopped to let her smell me again. She'll maybe let me pet her someday! Next I went back out with the pups again. Ruby sat with me for some attention while Rusty and I played fetch. It was pretty toasty out, so he kept cooling his paws and his ball off in the water that had collected on the upside down pool. He sure wanted to play though! When I thought he was getting warm enough I gave him one last throw, then we stopped for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment