Thursday, July 4, 2013

Jackie & Meeko

This morning Jackie went out to go potty when I arrived. He came in and waited for me to feed Meeko. Next, I got Jackie ready and we went for our long morning walk, as usual. We had a stray dog following us around for a little while! Jackie really wanted to say hi, but I don't think that's what the other dog had in mind. Luckily, he kept his distance and eventually wandered off. We got to see quite a few people out on our stroll today. When we got home, I fed Jackie his breakfast and gave him time to eat. Once he finished like a good boy, we played a little game of tug. Meeko sat on the table again and kept throwing paws towards him. Maybe he is just jealous! Meeko was enjoying some pets while Jackie was eating, and now Jackie stole me back. Haha! This afternoon was pretty hot out again. I brought out Jackie's last ice treat. I Will have to make him some more. He seemed to like this last one the best! It was pretty big, so I put what he didn't finish back in the freezer for another time. After I put his snack away, Jackie had fun just rolling around in the grass and being silly! This evening it was kind of muggy out and people were already lighting stuff off, so we decided to skip the walk tonight. I let Jackie out to do his thing, then he and Meeko ate dinner. Meeko followed me up the stairs tonight to clean his box. Then, he raced me back down the stairs! Once Jackie licked his bowl clean, we headed outside. Since he was enjoying it so much this afternoon, I brought the remainder of his treat out for him. Every time fireworks popped, he'd stop to look in that direction. He came and sat by me until they finished, then went back to his treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment