Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sophie, Kiki & Baby

This morning I let the pups out as soon as I arrived. They all came running out to say hi. Miss Sophie was pretty much attached to my legs the whole time! She wandered along with me while I let all the chickens out. I opened up the big coop first. It made me laugh because they came out by size and color! First the big white chickens hopped out, then the 3 big browns, then the black ones. Next I let the others out. The white duckie didn't want to come out with me standing there, so I grabbed the baby duck and let him have his space. I gave baby duck some fresh swimming water. Then, Sophie followed me around while I filled all the water dishes. I saw Kiki and Baby were all curled up in their beds in the garage. This evening the pups came out to meet me. Sophie followed me around and the other two came to sniff at me. I got them all tucked away for bed. Sophie wasn't wanting to go at first, but finally she joined Baby and Kiki like a good girl. Most of the chickens had already gotten in for their bedtime as well. I got them all secured inside. I only had the white duck left again. He was walking around peeping, confused as to where he should go. I got baby duck out and left the door open again, hoping he would wander in on his own. He kept wandering around, but tonight I was able to catch him pretty easily. I had one duckie in each arm and they were peeping to each other! I got them all tucked in and secured for the night as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment