Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dakota & Benny

As soon as I let Kota out of her cage we got ready for our morning walk. It was really nice out this morning! We took a nice long one again and it was very quiet outside. There weren't too many dogs out in their backyards like usual. This afternoon after I watered the plants we decided to take another walk since it's not quite as hot out as the past several days! There was a slight breeze that helped. A little dachschund came running out of a garage and wanted to come say hi. We crossed the street right away and he stayed in his yard like a good puppy. They were both very tired when we got back. Kota went right in her kennel and laid down while Benny sprawled out on the tile. Tonight Kota and Benny were anxious to get going on their night walk! Kota was talking to me the whole time. There was a family sitting outside that we passed, and a little boy was walking toward us saying, "Kota! Kota!". I thought maybe he knew Kota, but the mom told me that they had a husky named Kota too! I'm pretty sure he's the one we always see that's doing the husky cry every time we pass their house. There was a little old sheltie out being walked tonight that Benny wasn't too thrilled about! We saw them a second time so I kept Benny close to me and he did very well and didn't even bark. Towards the end of our walk as we passed a corner, I saw a little girl out with her puggle. He wasn't on a leash and was heading toward us, so I scooped Benny up right away. The little girl and her dad both couldn't catch the little guy! I kept walking carrying Benny and he followed us for a bit, while managing to escape his owners!

No comments:

Post a Comment