Friday, May 14, 2010

Clovis, Snickers, Sophie & Patches

I saw Patches a couple houses down today and he came running when he saw my car. Clovis was in her usual spot in the window. After I put the food out, I set two plates on top of the hot tub so Patches wouldn't get them and I walked to the side of the house to called for Snickers and Sophie again. I went in to fill the dry food dishes and when I came out, Snickers was there eating his food on the hot tub cover. Sophie came around the corner too and said hi to me. Patches had finished his food and was headed for Sophie's, so I put him in the house again until they were done. I think I know why Snickers and Sophie had not been home for a couple days.... there's a new kitty in the neighborhood! I saw Snickers suddenly arch his back and jump like he was scared. I looked and there was another cat peeking his head around the corner. He looked like he'd probably been in a fight or two! He was missing some teeth and his jaw looked pretty awkward. I walked over to get a better look, but it ran off. I went out front to spend some time with Snickers and Sophie again today. Snickers made himself comfortable on my hood again, but Sophie stayed and snuggled with me. The other kitty was nearby, hiding in the bushes, so they kept a watchful eye out for it.

This is the new kitty in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment