Monday, November 21, 2011

Piglet, Echo, Zephyr, Tony & Chickens

This morning Piglet curled up on her bed by the window and watched me. Echo came around the corner of the kitchen and stopped for a quick pet. She and Zephyr both hopped up by their food bowls and were dancing around excitedly for breakfast! They were moving so much I couldn't get a picture. Next I went outside to let Tony and the chickens out. He puffed up and was following me around. I pet him for a second while I spread their food. I went back in by Piglet and tried to get her to warm up to me a little, since she was being a bit shy. A couple treats helped! This evening Piglet was standing in the window, watching to see who was home. The kitties both came out to say hi and followed me around in the kitchen. I put Piglet's food in her bowl, then headed out to tuck the chickens in for the night. I wanted to take Piglet for a walk tonight, but the rain had started awhile before I got there. Everyone was inside the coop, snuggled up together on the highest perch. Tony was on the lower one. The little rooster came out of his house to see me as I gave him his portion of the snacks. Back inside I got Piglet leashed up and we headed outside so she could go potty. She no more than got off the patio, did her business right next to it, then was back under the shelter of the roof! Once we got back in, she started working on her dinner. I gave her a treat before I left.




1 comment:

  1. It is such a comfort for me to see an update on my babies! Thank you so much Jenny. Hopefully tthe weather will clear and Piglet can show you around the pasture ;-)

    ReplyDelete